Filed under Entertainment, Feature

Jeffery Ferreri: Sasquatch Hunter

Art teacher Jeffrey Ferreri has had his fair share of work on the silver screen.
From simple Super 8 films to feature-length Hollywood epics, Ferreri has seen it all.
“I made Super 8 movies in middle school, and this continued in high school when I met my best friend,” Ferreri said.
With help from college and theater productions, Ferreri entered the entertainment scene.
“I was able to apply my makeup special effects skills, set building, and acting to my work,” Ferreri recounted.
His early credits include pictures such as Exposure, Camping Holiday Blood Feast, and Sasquatch Hunters!
“It was an oddball mockumentary about the hunt to discover BigFoot,” Ferreri said. “A former director of terrible zero-budget horror movies decides to try his hand at making a documentary about the search for this mythical creature.”
“I did some makeup, I built a number of props, I created a mascot costume of a giant fish, and I dressed various sets,” Ferreri said. “I also did some acting.”
Ferreri’s character is the cult leader/conman Rick Fields, a charismatic man who “bamboozles his followers” during the hunt for the elusive Bigfoot.
“We worked on building this weird family vibe where everyone had their individual story and reason for getting sucked into this big con; but were all under my spell to some degree or another,” Ferreri said.
While filming Sasquatch Hunters, Ferreri had his share of problems during production.
“We actually snuck into a public park that we did not have a shooting permit to allow us to film there. We got our shots and got out of there before anyone could fine the production,” Ferreri recalled.
Ferreri also had some trouble juggling all of his roles. “I jumped in wherever needed, especially when the art director suddenly dropped out of the film,” he said.
Ferreri left film to continue his other pursuits.
“The film world isn’t anywhere near as glamorous as people believe,” Ferreri said. “Working on movies is a job like any other freelance position.”
“For film you have a call time when you have to be on set ready to work. Different jobs require people to show up at different times,” Ferreri said.
The most Ferreri can do nowadays is shoot small videos with his son and nephew.
However, he is hopeful for the future of the Career Academy.
“The Communication, Arts and Technology career academy is talking about adding a project where we shoot a video of some type,” Ferreri said.
His experience in the field will prove invaluable to his students.