Filed under In-Depth

Senior’s advice to former self

With the 2019 school year drawing to a close, many of the se- niors are preparing to pack up and move onto the next chapter of their lives.

Some seniors are still reminiscing over all the good times that have happened in these seemingly short few years.

During high school, time seems to fly by constantly, and in no time a freshman is already a senior and moving on to graduate.

Many seniors have gotten the opportunity to get a scholar- ship and other such opportunities due to their hard work, con- tribution, and participation in various activities whether they be in or out of school.

Other seniors such as Rianda Bounds, feels like she didn’t participate in enough and wishes that she‘d gotten involved in more things. Such as activities where she could learn to be more outgoing and meet more people.

By the time graduation has arrived, they’ve begun to think back to the time where choosing a college and what to do for the rest of their life was the least of their worries.

Many of them think back to their freshman year and all of the nerves and anxiety that surrounded it. While the freshman teachers did their best to help, at the same time, they were pushed into the unknown.

“I was always unfocused and messed around avoiding
any homework that I had to do. I regret that now and wish I would’ve worked harder and participated in more things.” Said senior Ethan Koehler.

This year, the freshmen don’t have to worry so much, thanks to LINK crew. The group helps out with the freshman orienta- tion from a student’s point of view so that the freshman may feel more comfortable in their new surroundings.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t always the case, the years before this, the freshmen had to adapt themselves and learn inde- pendently, being pushed out of their comfort zone.

Senior Josiah Gonzales said, “If there is one thing I could tell my freshman self it would probably be: sometimes you’re going to have to do things that are in your self interest, you may regret it at times, but trust me it’s worth it.”

Certain seniors wish that they could go back and tell their younger selves things that may have changed how they turned out.

According to senior Zoe Knaub, if ever given the opportuni- ty to speak to her younger self she would’ve given her words of advice, saying that she will make it through the hard times, and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

While they may not be able to go back and change the past now, these words of advice could impact the current freshmen and help them to change their high school experience.