Filed under In-Depth, Uncategorized

Teen Drivers- part three

Hard hitting facts

When most people see their lives flash before their eyes, it is normally during a life changing event. Car crashes are at the top of that list for most scary, life changing events.

According to the Center for Disease Control, six teenagers die everyday in a car accident, as of 2014, over 2,000 teens were killed in car accidents.

In Scotts Bluff County alone, traffic accidents are the main cause of public safety.

‘I think that teenagers cruising during the weekends is not only dangers but also aggravating, and if there was less than the teen accident rate would definitely go down,” Alison Areeda said.

Cruising remains a student favorite on weekend nights when the curfew in later and no one has anything better to do.

A large number of fatal car crashes happen on Highway 26 heading towards Mitchell.

Do you think that the driving age in America should be raised to 18?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Gering High school student was recently killed when she lost control of the vehicle. The car rolled she was partially ejected because her seat belt not being buckled.

Officials pronounced her dead on the scene; the passenger survived with minor injuries.

According to the CDC, teens are 17 times more likely to be killed in a car crash with a blood alcohol level over 0.08% than if they had not drank at all.

1-5 teens involved in fatal car crashes had been found to be drinking.

In 2013 over half of the teens involved in car crashes died because they were not wearing their seat belts.

Things like not wearing a seatbelt, or driving while under the influence, are simple easy tasks that can be avoided. Many young lives could have been saved had they made the right choice.

If found in an unsafe situation where the driver is thought to be under the influence, call someone else.

Parents might react angry at first, but they are going to be more thankful that their child is alive then not. 

Wear your seatbelt and never drink and drive.

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone