Filed under Sports

Cats win against Holdrege 35-15

On+Friday+night+Bearcats+fans+had+their+first+opportunity+to+view+the+stadium%27s+new+scoreboard.+
On Friday night Bearcats fans had their first opportunity to view the stadium's new scoreboard.

Faith Reisig

Faith Reisig

On Friday night the air above Bearcat stadium was thick with expectation. Fans from the Scottsbluff area were filled with excitement for the first home game of the football season.

Students and community members filtered in as the Cats took to the field. The comforting smell of popcorn drifted from the concessions stand as cheerleaders pumped up the pre-game crowd.

As the brightly-clad marching band played the national anthem, hundreds of viewers rose to their feet then clapped along to the school’s fight song.

Highlights from the game included a pair of touchdowns thrown by senior Noah Bruner and caught by junior Keegan Reifschneider. Other Bearcat favorites made their mark as well, with impressive plays by junior Garret Nelson and Jasiya DeOllos. Perhaps the greatest story of the evening, though, was junior Chris Busby who ran a total of 226 yards over the course of the game.

As the crowd returned home and players changed out of their uniforms, a haze over the sky gave the last moments of the evening an unreal aura. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind that the game had been a spectacular way to launch the football season.

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone