Filed under Entertainment

Captain Marvel Review

If you’re looking for intricate plots and outstanding cinematic value, Captain Marvel isn’t the way to go.
Captain Marvel isn’t a bad movie by any means, but compared to the recent work Marvel has shown, the production gap was apparent.
Some of this wasn’t the movie’s fault. It’s always tough to introduce a new character into a long-running series.
Even then, there was no mistaking the feeling that Captain Marvel struggled to match its sister films.
Captain Marvel follows an alien soldier known as Vers (Brie Larson) as she attempts to come to grips with who she really is.
Vers has a cloudy past, and when a surprise trip to Earth brings up memories of a forgotten childhood, everything could be a lie.
It’s a formulaic setup, but Captain Marvel pulls it off as best it can.
I enjoyed seeing Larson and Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury trade quips and have a good time. The chemistry was definitely there, which makes characters feel more real.
Unfortunately, the plot was stuck in the same superhero movie rut.
If you’ve seen anything from Batman Forever to Aquaman, you’ve seen Captain Marvel.
Although Captain Marvel will play a key role in the upcoming Avengers: Endgame, seeing her standalone film isn’t entirely necessary.
Even then, Captain Marvel is a wonderful role model for younger generations of women to get behind, as important as Batman is to boys.